Monday, November 1, 2010

Being the World

Things are a little shaky for me right now. I'm home sick, and I want to talk about poetry. Or art in general, and what it does. Patrick McGoohan used the Prisoner to comment on the world. I guess I use poetry as more of a way to solidify the world. There are things I can't fix and things I can't understand. What I try to do when I write is to express what I'm writing about exactly as it is. My best poems, I think, are the ones where I make things more of what they are than they are, if that makes sense. There are things I can't understand, but it's enough for me to be able to.. see them? To have them on paper? It's hard to explain. I guess that if I can't fix something, at least I can control it, to some extent.

1 comment:

  1. You are a true poet, a true artist, no matter where you go in the world, tht is you. Lucky to know so young.

    ReplyDelete